Friday, June 10, 2016

Beautylish Haul: Jeffree Star Cosmetics Review

It's been a while!  But summer is here so I have a bit more free time without the stress of classes, finals, home work, and studying!  Being a college student is not easy on the stress levels!  

If you all know who Jeffree Star is (famous from the Myspace days, had a singing career, known for his androgyny and passionate attitude) then maybe you know he is a successful entrepreneur who owns his own cult favorite makeup brand: Jeffree Star Cosmetics.  I've been waiting to try his liquid lipsticks which are a hit in the beauty community for their long wearing capacity, ultra pigmentation, and non-drying formula (unlike other liquid lipstick brands).  I purchased the newly released color on 6/8/16, "Rose Matter" on Beautylish which I heard great things about!  On Instagram, you can find tasteful pictures of their ultra trendy tissue paper, brown gift wrapping, personalized notecards, and burlap bag with a free sample.  With a $35.00 purchase I received free express shipping!  They are located in California, so my package arrived to New York in 2 days!  They shipped out the same day I ordered which is amazing!

A picture of Beautylish's super cute packaging

Velour Liquid Lipstick in "Rose Matter" (Jefree Star Cosmetics);
Duraline (Inglot); Dark  Tone Eyelash Adhesive (DUO)


Let me talk about the Velour Liquid Lipstick in Rose Matter.  I had been patiently awaiting its release for weeks because it looked like such a flattering color.  If you go to his website: http://jeffreestarcosmetics.com you'll see how almost everything is sold out!

I'm not disappointed!  This is a beautiful rosy-pink color.  I tried it on my lips and it has a very wet consistency, allowing me to smooth it over my lips with ease.  It dries down to a nearly budge-proof, matte finish.  It's a stunning color, and what makes this amazing is that it smells like root beer!  Apparently only some shades are scented right now, the root beer is a relatively new addition to the lipsticks.

The one thing I have to warn people about is that liquid lipstick in general, defines lip lines.  The product clings to your lips, emphasizing lines.  It is important to exfoliate your lips with a sugar scrub (Jeffree sells that too) and use a primer and chapstick to moisturize and condition.  If I ever find a liquid lipstick that doesn't define lip lines, I'll be sure to post it!


XOXO Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment