Friday, March 27, 2015

Glossybox - March 2015

Hello! Here is another glossy box review:

Glossybox is a monthly subscription box full of 5 deluxe size to full size beauty products.  It is $21 a month (before tax), but there are other packages (like semi-annually) that charge more at once, but overall each box ends up to be cheaper.

This month I received some really good products!  4 of them were full size, which is always exciting. I received:


  • Nexus salon care color assure rebalancing shampoo
  • So Susan Cosmetics concealer quad
  • Bella pierre lip and cheek stain in pink
  • Model co more brows eyebrow thickening gel in medium/dark
  • Orogold Cosmetics 24k Multi-Vitamin Day Moisturizer


My favorite product is definitely the Bella Pierre lip and cheek tint.  It is a beautiful and natural pink color; when I apply it to the apples of my cheeks and dab it over my cheek bones a bit, I get this natural rosy glow.  It's amazing.  I received a Bella pierre lipstick a few boxes ago, and I loved that too (check out my December box 2014 review for the lipstick).  I think I'm now going to be a bella pierre customer because I'm totally in love with their products!

I like brow gel by Model co also.  I have a Benefit cosmetics one, but that one is OK.  This one makes my brows look fuller, darker and thicker which is great for when I want a strong brow.  The only thing I'd say is that it makes my brows feel weird– like gooey a little, but then it is a gel.  I fell asleep while I had the brow gel on, and when I woke up (after having my face buried in a pillow) my right eyebrow hairs were all askew and it took a lot of effort to get them back into place!  This gel has a strong hold.

The nexus shampoo is nice.  I like the smell; it is made of white orchids.  I don't mind that this is a shampoo for color treated hair even though my hair is untreated.  It's supposed to help protect my hair either way.  I've only used it twice so I don't know if or when it'll show results.

The concealer quad is okay.  The Glossybox pamphlet said that the heat from my fingers should warm the product and make it easy to apply, but I found this product hard to apply.  It's dense, and I don't find that it does much for me.  I like the fact that there are 4 different shades that I can blend together to get my perfect color, but I have yet to fall in love with this product.

The moisturizer is okay too.  Nothing special.  Apparently it is made with 24k gold, but I'm not sure how exactly that makes it special.  The texture is thick and creamy, it's also scented (I prefer unscented moisturizers).  I've been using it the past couple of days on my decolige, and it is moisturizing, but I don't think that it works better than the moisturizers I have, so I also don't think the $120 something dollars is justifiable (note that I got a sample size of this product).

Overall, I'm happy with this months box.  I received a lot of full size products that will last me a while, and it's always great to try new brands and items so that I can buy them in the future.

I hope this review helped!  Stay tuned for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment